Questions: for young readers:
- Discuss: The Twelve Rules of Proper Conduct
- Are some rules more important than others?
- Are there some rules that are unnecessary?
- Are there other rules you think should be added to the list?
Do you think its fair to be nasty back to someone whos been nasty to you?
- Why not just be nice all the time?
- Do you think being nice is sometimes the same as being selfish? Give examples.
- How is reciprocity different from revenge?
- Do you think kids your age are capable of handling their own disagreements with other kids?
- Under what circumstances do you think kids should get help from a trusted adult?
- Do you think team sports help people to get along with each other? In what ways?
- Do you think team sports encourage violence? In what ways?
- Why do you think Karter was attracted to Tashina Jones?
- Why do you think Maria Rodreguis and Tashina were friends?
- Do you think Maria and Moe Shastri were in love with each other?
- Why did Moe vote for Karter?
- How are Marias and Moes families different from each other?
- How are they similar?
- What do you think Sam Smith contributed to the rules of conduct? How?
- Why do you think Melissa Whistler chose Denise Hanover?
- Who is your favorite adolescent character? Why?
- Who is your favorite adult character? Why?
- Who is your least liked character? Why?
Readers' Poll - for all readers:
If a movie were made from "The Prize", who would you like to have play the major parts?
Share your choices with the author: email@example.com